How about making fresh cheese, using it in a recipe and then pairing this dish to wine to create a journey of the senses on your palate!
Entertaining family and friends will never been the same again. And rather than bringing a bottle of wine to the next dinner party, how about surprising your friends with a bundle of homemade fresh cheese. How you ever sampled store-bought cream cheese alongside a fresh homemade version or used fresh ricotta in a recipe?
The beauty of making homemade fresh cheese is that you get it exactly to your liking and without the you think. This book will show L
You’ll learn about milk, the other ingredients and utensils needed. You’ll discover how to make fresh cheeses from citric acid, mesophilic and thermophilic cultures.
Tried and true recipes have been provided for the making of fresh Ricotta, Cream Cheese, Mozzarella, Burrata, Farmer Cheese, Neufchatel, Mascarpone and more.
Delicious recipes that incorporate your homemade fresh cheeses, all paired with wines that create harmony on the palate include:
• Peach, Prosciutto and Ricotta Crostini
• Ricotta Knocchi with Wild Mushrooms and Sage
• Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato Salad with Basil and Balsamic Pearls
• Eggplant Ciabatta with Goat Cheese Ricotta, Mozzarella and Basil
• Polenta with Mascarpone, Wild Mushrooms and Parmigiano-Reggiano
• Cookie Crumble, Mascarpone and Raspberry Parfaits
• Smoked Salmon and Dill Cheesecake
• Gateau with Parmigiano-Reggiano and Basil
• Scallops in Orange and Ginger Cream
• Prawns with Yellow Pepper and Ginger Cream
• Salmon Boats in a Sea of Spinach Neufchatel
• Peaches and Cream Neufchatel Torte
• Lamb-Beef Burgers with Orange Mint and Chèvre Mayonnaise
• Coeur Au Chèvre Frais
About the Author
Shari Darling is Canada’s only aboriginal wine writer and has been a standing member of the Wine Writers’ Circle of Canada for over 18 years. She is an International award winning and best selling author and columnist, educator, speaker, TV and radio host and wine judge who specializes in wine and food.
Link To Book On Amazon
Leave a Reply