This is the coolest food prep trick I’ve seen in years and it works just great!
Have guests write their names on quart-size Ziploc freezer bags with a permanent marker.
– Crack 2 eggs (only 2, large or extra-large) into each bag, shake to mix.
– Set out a variety of ingredients such as shredded cheeses, chopped ham, chopped onion, chopped green pepper, chopped tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.
– Everybody adds they’re own ingredients to their baggie of eggs, shake to mix again.
– Squeeze air out of bags before zipping.
– Place bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes (I’ve tried playing with the time – don’t bother … nothing else works). 6 to 8 bags should fit in a large pot. Use another pot for more, don’t crowd.
Unzip each baggie and slide omelet onto each person’s plate.
– Be prepared for amazement. The omelet will be perfectly shaped and perfectly cooked. This recipe does not work well for a runny omelet. I add plenty of shredded cheese to make my omelet appear more runny.