What inspired you to write your book?
Writing down great recipes from family gatherings around a grill inspired me. I have kids of my own, my parents visit often- making good food for good times is instilled in my family, and I wanted to share it with others.
About your Book:
Grilling, or Barbequing, is a true American tradition.
Barbeques are popular for events such as the 4th of July, birthday parties, receptions, or going away parties. No matter why you have decided to plan a grilling party, the memories that will come from it are sure to stick with your guests for many years to come, provided that you plan ahead. If you are truly serious about mastering the art of the Grill, then this book will spare you the embarrassment and headaches of learning from needless “misteaks” (pun intended).
–Choosing a Grill for the Right Occasion
–Maintaining Your Grill
–Planning the Perfect BBQ Party
–Tips for Better Grilling
–Side Dishes and Starters
–Burgers and Dogs
–Steaks, Ribs and Kebabs
–Chicken and Turkey
Cuisine Style or Food Genre: Barbecue, Grilling
Sample Recipe or Food Advice
ASIAN-INSPIRED PORK CHOPS
Cooking Time: 20 min; Prep Time: 2 hours
• 1/2 cup light brown sugar
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 1/4 cup ketchup
• 2 or 3 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
• 1 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot
• 1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
• 4 (4 to 6 ounce) pork chops
1. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except pork chops; mix well.
2. Place pork chops in a large sealable plastic bag and pour mixture over them. Seal bag and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours, or overnight.
3. Preheat grill to medium heat; remove pork chops from marinade, discarding excess marinade.
4. Grill pork chops 8 to 10 minutes per side, or until completely cooked through
What formats are your books in: eBook
How do you see writing a food/cookbook as different from writing other genres of books?
Trial and error of recipes takes time and patience. Then to write a recipe that the general population can recreate at home can be difficult. There is a dialogue between author and reader that needs to guide and teach, while at the same time inspire.
Link To Buy Book On Amazon