I love to cook from scratch however, there are times when I just don’t feel like cooking or I’m too busy or not available to prepare a meal for my family. That’s when I rely on Trader Joe’s amazing frozen food section. What I especially love is that Trader Joe’s is fanatical about ensuring organic and quality ingredients in their frozen fare.
Most of their prepared foods can be heated in the microwave for even more convenience. I recommend cooking everything in the oven or on the stove for best results, except where indicated.
Some of you are lucky enough to have a Trader Joe’s in your city. This list is for you.
what I’ve found to be delicious heat & serve food from Trader Joes:
– Chicken and Turkey Pot Pies (the best ever!)
– Orange chicken (in a bag)
– Chicken Quesadillas
– Macaroni & Cheese – Good microwaved
– Apple Pie and pretty much all their frozen desserts
– Fettuccini Alfredo (in a bag) – Good microwaved
– Fettuccini with mushroom sauce (in a bag) Good microwaved
– Ham & Cheese Pastry Puffs
– Caramelized Onion Pastry Puffs
– Reduced guilt Baked Ziti – good microwaved
– All their frozen pizzas are delicious.
Other Trader Joe’s finds (not frozen) worth trying:
– Supreme Brie (Always delicious)
– Delice de Borgonion (sp?!) soft cheese (OMG good!)
– Steel Cut Organic Oatmeal
– 3 Pack of Sweet Bell Peppers (Orange, Red and Yellow) – great sliced for snacks or as an easy dinner veggie!
– Plastic container of organic fresh basil (the exact amount to make pesto for a pound of pasta!)
– Packaged French Green Beans (the only green beans I’ll eat).
– Organic Peanut Butter
– Prosecco (Dry Italian champagne – not Asti Spumanti)
I’ll add new finds as I come across them. Please add your Trader Joe’s favorites to this thread!